How to Prepare for your Boudoir Shoot
1. Take care of any waxing/shaving in the sensitive areas (such as bikini line) at least 2-3 days before to avoid any irritation or redness on the day.
2. Make sure you drink plenty of water 24 hrs before to avoid dehydration and looking tired.
3. Eat healthily and avoid fatty & salty foods, which can make you bloated in the run up to your shoot.
4. Avoid drinking alcohol the night before your photo shoot, it will make you puffy the following day and you won’t feel at your best.
5. Get a good night sleep the night before!
6. Practice, practice, practice….yes, in front of the mirror. You can also take a look at websites such as Victoria’s Secret or flip through lingerie catalogues to study poses and get ideas. Mark up your favourite pages and bring them with you to show us what looks you like the most.
7. Try to wear loose clothing before the shoot to help prevent marks showing on the skin.
8. Bring along plenty of outfits that you want to try on the day. Some things work better than others so it’s a good idea to have a good variety. See the What to bring with you page for more info and ideas.
9. Allow yourself plenty of time – you don’t want to end up feeling rushed and that will help you with the last point…
10. Relax and enjoy yourself! It is my job to make sure you leave your session with a collection of stunning images that you’ll treasure forever.